Prep 10 mins
Cook 3 hrs
One of my coworkers shared his secret chili recipe with me. Whatever you do do not share it with anyone, ok??? I grew up with kidney beans in the chili ...... I hated beans until I tried this chili with actual chili beans. This chili is great for chili dogs, over noodles or just topped with a little shredded cheddar cheese. I have an option written in the instructions for a tamer version for the weaker of heart.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium onion
- 1 small green pepper, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can whole tomatoes
- 1 (14 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 4 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon beef bouillon
- 6 ounces beer
- 2 (16 ounce) cans hot chili beans
- Fry the meat, onions, green pepper and garlic until the meat is brown.
- Add the remaining ingredients (except Chili Beans).
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer 2 hours.
- Add Beans and heat through.
- For tamer version use 1 T Chili Powder, 1 tsp Cumin and Mild (Reg) Chili Beans.
- Garnish with shredded cheddar cheese.