Prep 24 hrs
Cook 12 mins
Rated #1 BEST chocolate Chip Cookie by The New York Times
- 2 cups cake flour (minus 2 tbs)
- 1 2⁄3 cups bread flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons coarse sea salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups Butter Flavor Crisco
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 8 ounces chocolate chips
- Sift flours, baking soda, baking powder and salt in separate bowl.
- Using a mixer, cream butter and sugars until fluffy – approximately 5 minute.
- Add eggs. Stir in vanilla.
- Reduce to low speed, adding dry ingredients slowly, mixing until combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Refrigerate dough for 24-36 hours.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350.
- Scoop dough and place onto parchment paper, sprinkle top of cookies sparingly with sea salt.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes.