Recipe by Seasoned Cook
Secret ingredient is Durkee's Famous Sauce. Just can't have a potluck, reunion, picnic or guests for dinner without deviled eggs!! Secret to successful stuffing?...mash yokes good and beat until fluffy. Secret to having enough stuffing in eggs?...boil 1 or 2 extra eggs and this also allows for any egg which tears in peeling or in stuffing.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Durkee's sauce
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 6 eggs until hard boil stage and allow to cool. (May boil 1 or 2 extra eggs to allow for larger amount of stuffing and for substitution of torn eggs in peeling.) After removing from heat place in cold water so egg white will not become discolored.
- Peel and cut into halves. Place yokes into small bowl and mash out all lumps. Beat yokes by hand until fluffy.
- Add mayonnaise, Durkee's famous sauce, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Stuff eggs. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- Note: Durkee Famous Sauce is a sandwich and salad sauce with a tangy, mustard-mayonnaise flavor. Can be found in most grocery stores.