Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
Secret ingredient is Durkee's Famous Sauce. Just can't have a potluck, reunion, picnic or guests for dinner without deviled eggs!! Secret to successful stuffing?...mash yokes good and beat until fluffy. Secret to having enough stuffing in eggs?...boil 1 or 2 extra eggs and this also allows for any egg which tears in peeling or in stuffing.
- 6 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon Durkee's sauce
- 2 teaspoons pickle relish
- Boil 6 eggs until hard boil stage and allow to cool. (May boil 1 or 2 extra eggs to allow for larger amount of stuffing and for substitution of torn eggs in peeling.) After removing from heat place in cold water so egg white will not become discolored.
- Peel and cut into halves. Place yokes into small bowl and mash out all lumps. Beat yokes by hand until fluffy.
- Add mayonnaise, Durkee's famous sauce, pickle relish, salt and pepper. Stuff eggs. Sprinkle top with paprika.
- Note: Durkee Famous Sauce is a sandwich and salad sauce with a tangy, mustard-mayonnaise flavor. Can be found in most grocery stores.
Durkee's Famous Sauce is so good and it was just perfect with these eggs. I used half the amount of mayo, just trying to be a bit healthier, and they still tasted great.
We really enjoyed these Deviled Eggs. I was sure we would because we love Durkees. They were a huge hit but as usual with our family- I never make enough.
These were really, REALLY good. I made them last night for a church potluck today, and I got some great feedback. I think this is my new go-to deviled egg recipe!