Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you like chocolate and strawberries then this recipe is for you.
- 3 cups sliced fresh strawberries, divided (about 2-1/2 pts.)
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 (3 ounce) package strawberry gelatin
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 4 tablespoons whipping cream, divided
- 1 baked 9-inch pie shell, cooled
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- sweetened whipped cream (optional)
- 1 whole strawberry (optional)
- Reserve 2 cups sliced strawberries. Mash remaining 1 cup sliced strawberries; add enough water to make 2 cups. Stir together sugar and cornstarch in medium saucepan; stir in mashed strawberries. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add gelatin, butter and lemon juice; stir until gelatin is dissolved. Strain mixture; discard seeds,. Refrigerate until partially set.
- Meanwhile, place chocolate chips and 3 tablespoons whipping cream in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave at HIGH (100%) 1 minute; stir.
- If necessary, microwave at HIGH an additional 15 seconds at a time, stirring after each heating, just until chips are melted when stirred. Spread chocolate mixture onto bottom of prepared crust; refrigerate 30 minutes or until firm.
- Beat cream cheese and remaining 1 tablespoon whipping cream in small bowl until smooth; spread over chocolate layer. Refrigerate filled crust while gelatin mixture is cooling. When gelatin mixture is partially set, fold in reserved sliced strawberries; spoon mixture over cream cheese layer.
- Cover; refrigerate several hours or until firm. Just before serving, garnish with sweetened whipped cream and whole strawberries, if desired. Cover; refrigerate leftover pie. 8 servings.
This should be called "OMG! Strawberry Chocolate pie" it was outstanding..everyone at the church social loved it..Thanks