Recipe by Blu Skyy
Better than Moms. . . I came up with this recipe from a combination of sources. A little of this and a little of that. My husband really likes ribs and said this sauce was better than his moms(the best he'd ever had). I hope you enjoy it as much as we have. PS- I cook on a what smells, tastes and looks good philosophy- so add as much or little as your taste buds would like, this is only a guideline to a great sauce.
- 1 medium rack of ribs
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 cup spicy bbq sauce
- 1⁄2 tablespoon hot sauce (buffalo style)
- 1⁄2 tablespoon roasted garlic pepper seasoning
- 1⁄4 cup ketchup
- white wine, to put in the bottom of your broiler pan
Directions See How It's Made
- Oven temp-350°F.
- Brush ribs with vegetable oil and sprinkle with thyme top and bottom.
- Place on broiler rack.
- Fill bottom of pan with 1 inch of white wine.
- Cover and cook for 1 hour.
- Meanwhile, prepare sauce in a sauce pan over medium heat.
- Melt butter first then add all remaining ingredients.
- Stirring alot and adding more or less as you prefer.
- (This recipe finishes on the spicier side of things).
- After the ribs have cooked for an hour, pull them out (turn oven up to BROIL) and slather, cover completely, with your sauce.
- Put ribs back on rack, meaty side up and cook for 10-15 minutes or till sauce is bubbling.
- Pull out and enjoy-If you like the burn marks of the grill now is the time to throw them on and keep sauce handy for adding more on the grill.
- On the grill-temp at a med-high and only for about 5 minutes.
- Very good with corn on the cob and water melon.