Recipe by Ceezie
I saw these great looking bars on ABC so I am posting here for safekeeping. Recipe from "It's About Time," by Michael Schlow
- 3⁄4 cup softened butter
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups flour
- 1⁄3 cup chopped pecans
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 8 ounces seedless raspberry preserves
- 1⁄2 cup sweetened flaked coconut
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Using mixer, beat together butter and sugar at medium speed.
- Add flour and mix well. Add chopped pecans, almond extract, and salt, stirring until the flour mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Reserve 1 cup of the flour mixture and press the remainder into the bottom of an ungreased 9x13-inch baking dish.
- Spread raspberry preserves evenly over the crust.
- Sprinkle the reserved flour mixture over the preserves.
- Sprinkle the coconut on top.
- Bake until the crust and topping are golden, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool and cut into squares.