1/5 Photos of Second Time Around -- Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
I took out some leftovers from the freezer. The leftovers were from a crock-pot recipe I made a little over a week ago. I froze the remaining roast in the stock it created. This is a comfort food recipe to the max. Serve with mashed potatoes or french fries for the full effect! Enjoy! Note: This could also be done with beef or chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2-1 cup pork gravy (I made this from leftover broth, but you can use store-bought gravy)
- 2 slices bread (any variety you like, I used basic wheat)
- 6 ounces cooked pork roast (leftover and sliced)
- 1/2 cup mashed potatoes
- 1Reheat leftover pork in microwave, stove-top or oven.
- 2Heat gravy slowly in small saucepan over low/med heat or in microwave at 50% power 3-4 minutes.
- 3Reheat leftover pork in microwave for 30 sec on high (micro. ovens vary).
- 4Place one slice of bread on dinner plate, then sliced pork.
- 5Ladle a little gravy over pork, then top with second slice of bread.
- 6Spoon mashed potatoes on the side.
- 7Ladle rest of gravy over both, or just on top of the sandwich.
- 9Note: I used the leftover pork roast stock, milk, flour, butter, salt and pepper to make the gravy. There is no recipe for the gravy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Second Time Around -- Hot Pork Sandwich With Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (325 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 436.1
- Calories from Fat 76
- Total Fat 8.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 119.4 mg
- Sodium 671.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.7 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 43.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: