Recipe by VickyJ
I took out some leftovers from the freezer. The leftovers were from a crock-pot recipe I made a little over a week ago. I froze the remaining roast in the stock it created. This is a comfort food recipe to the max. Serve with mashed potatoes or french fries for the full effect! Enjoy! Note: This could also be done with beef or chicken.
Top Review by Chef shapeweaver �
I made this recipe on 9/24/12 for mine and my SO's dinner, and most importantly as a tribute to a wonderful lady in " Vicky J's Cook-A-Thon ". Some leftover pulled pork from my freezer stash, jarred pork gravy, and home made mashed potatoes all came together to make one of the best " Comfort Food " meals that I've had in a long time. Everytime I make this or a variation of this recipe described in the description, I'll " Keep Smiling :) "
- 1⁄2-1 cup pork gravy (I made this from leftover broth, but you can use store-bought gravy)
- 2 slices bread (any variety you like, I used basic wheat)
- 6 ounces cooked pork roast (leftover and sliced)
- 1⁄2 cup mashed potatoes
Directions See How It's Made
- Reheat leftover pork in microwave, stove-top or oven.
- Heat gravy slowly in small saucepan over low/med heat or in microwave at 50% power 3-4 minutes.
- Reheat leftover pork in microwave for 30 sec on high (micro. ovens vary).
- Place one slice of bread on dinner plate, then sliced pork.
- Ladle a little gravy over pork, then top with second slice of bread.
- Spoon mashed potatoes on the side.
- Ladle rest of gravy over both, or just on top of the sandwich.
- Note: I used the leftover pork roast stock, milk, flour, butter, salt and pepper to make the gravy. There is no recipe for the gravy.