Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is so good and simple! After roasting the peppers, allow to cool 20-30 minutes. This can be done early that morning and then finish the rest of the dish. Good idea for dinner during a week night! Oops, forgot where I found the recipe - I believe I found it in Bon Appetit Magazine!
- 1⁄2 green sweet pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1 sweet red pepper, quartered and seeded
- 1⁄2 orange sweet bell pepper, quartered & seeded
- 8 ounces dry penne pasta or 8 ounces cut ziti pasta
- 5 -10 garlic cloves, cut into thin slices
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, wedges drained and cut in half
- ground black pepper
- crushed red pepper flakes, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup snipped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1⁄3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- shredded parmesan cheese, for serving
- Place green, red & orange peppers, cut side down, on a foil-lined baking sheet.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 425ºF oven about 20 minutes or until skins are charred. Immediately wrap hot peppers in the foil and let stand for 20 to 30 minutes or until cool enough to handle. (The steam will loosen the peel.).
- Peel off skins and cut peppers into strips.
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the garlic slices & crushed red pepper flakes, if using, in hot olive oil about 5 minutes or until golden.
- With a slotted spoon, remove the garlic from skillet; set aside.
- In the same skillet, cook pepper strips and tomatoes in the spicy garlic flavored oil for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Season with black pepper.
- Stir in parsley and capers.
- Drain pasta and place in hot skillet.
- Add tomato mixture and toss to coat; heat through.
- Transfer pasta to a large serving bowl.
- Garnish with garlic slices; sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.