Recipe by Candace Michelle
So my boyfriend told me one night he wanted beef stew for dinner. Since I have never made beef stew, I looked up a recipe and made it for him. I admit, it turned out HORRIBLE. So for this recipe, I made it completely up and it turned out phenomenal. It's a keeper, and I'm so happy about it!
- 8 carrots, sliced
- 5 -6 medium red potatoes, cut in chunks
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced into large pieces
- 2 lbs stew meat
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 3 (14 1/2 ounce) cans beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon meat tenderizer
- 2 tablespoons salt, divided
- 2 tablespoons pepper, divided
- 1⁄2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic powder
Directions See How It's Made
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Put onion in butter and cook, covered for about 10 minutes or until soft.
- In a large soup pot, place celery, potatoes, and carrots. Season with a tablespoon of salt, and a tablespoon of pepper. Cover and cook about 15 minutes until soft, but not mushy.
- Add onion and butter to vegetables. Let sit.
- In a tupperware container, season stew meat with remaining seasonins.Put lid on container and shake until meat is well coated.
- In a skillet, cook meat in vegetable oil until its cooked medium well (little bit pink inside). Add beef broth, one can at a time stirring after each can. Then add worcestershire sauce.
- Simmer meat until sauce is thickened.
- Add meat and juices to vegetables. Cover and let simmer on medium low heat, about 30 minutes.
- I like to add extra green onion to my stew as I serve it. Enjoy!