Chef #648984's Note:
Dark chocolate devil's food cake layered with drunken raspberries and tart raspberry mousse, garnished with chocolate filled raspberries. This recipe comes from Boston based Sebastians
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 2 3/4 cups flour
- 2 1/4 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups hot brewed coffee (or water)
- 1 1/2 cups raspberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 (1 ounce) packet raspberry gelatin powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Chambord raspberry liquor
- 1 pint raspberries
- 8 ounces white chocolate
- 1Devil's Food Cake.
- 2Method of Preparation.
- 3Using a stand mixer or a bowl and whisk, mix all the dry ingredients and oil together.
- 4Add eggs one at a time.
- 5Add hot coffee or water in 3 stages, mixing well each time, and scraping the bowl each time.
- 6Pour onto a greased sheet pan and spread evenly.
- 7Bake at 350 for 12 minutes.
- 8Tart Raspberry Mouse.
- 9Method of Preparation.
- 10Bloom gelatin, and set aside.
- 11Heat Raspberry Jam in a small sauce pan.
- 12Add the gelatin to the heated jam.
- 13Cool on ice.
- 14Whip Cream and fold into chilled raspberry jam mixture.
- 15Drunken Raspberries.
- 16Method of Preparation.
- 17Place cleaned raspberries in a bowl, pour Chambord over the raspberries and toss in sugar.
- 18Allow to sit at room temperature.
- 19Raspberry Garnishes.
- 20Method of Preparation.
- 21Melt chocolate and put into a piping bag.
- 22Pipe into the raspberries and chill.
- 24Use 3" ring molds to cut out 20 pieces of cake.
- 25Place 4 drunken raspberries around the edges of the ring mold, on top of the cake.
- 26Pipe or pour raspberry mousse into the mold to the top.
- 27Gently tap the side of the mold with the handle of a wooden spoon to settle the mousse.
- 28Freeze the cakes for 20 minutes or until set.
- 29Un-mold and garnish with chocolate filled raspberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Sebastians Chocolate Raspberry Mousse Cake Torte
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 479.7
- Calories from Fat 204
- Total Fat 22.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.5 g
- Cholesterol 57.7 mg
- Sodium 77.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 45.4 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Chambord raspberry liquor