Recipe by mollypaul
A steamed pudding from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947. Just lovely served with cream, lightly sweetened whipped cream or vanilla ice cream.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon allspice
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 3⁄4 cup raisins
- 1 egg, well beaten
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup light molasses
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift dry ingredients together; add raisins.
- Combine egg, milk and molasses.
- Add liquid mixture to dry ingredients, mixing thoroughly.
- Pour into a greased pudding mold, the bottom of which has been lined with waxed paper.
- Cover tightly and steam for two hours.