Recipe by Chef PotPie
Nice little luncheon dish, or light dinner for a summer night with fresh fruit and white wine or champagne!
- 2 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 lb large shrimp
- 1 avocado
- 2⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons chili sauce (such as Heinz)
- 2 tablespoons green onions, chopped
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons red wine vinegar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 cup toasted sliced almonds
- 4 large croissants
- lettuce leaf
Directions See How It's Made
- Shell and devein shrmp, leaving the tail on 4 shrimp for garnish.
- In 3 quart pan over high heat, bring 2 inches of water to a boil, add shrimp, and return to boiling. Reduce heat to low and cook shrimp 1 minute or until tender; drain. Set aside the four garnish shrimp and dice remaining.
- Dice eggs and avacado. With fork, mash next 7 ingredients, (mayonnaise through pepper.) Fold in toasted almonds, eggs, and shrimp, and toss to coat well.
- Slice each croissant horizontally in half. Place lettuce leaves on bottom halves, top with shrimp mixture, replace top halves. Garnish each sandwich with shrimp.