Mary Baker's Note:
This salad is a Northwest-style combination of fresh greens and Pacific Rim flavors. From "Fresh from Dover Canyon"
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1/4 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2 inchspears
- 1/4 red bell pepper, seeds removed,finely diced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 1Combine the salad greens and arugula in a colorful bowl or directly on serving plates.
- 2Sprinkle the pineapple chunks over the greens and top with sprinklings of red bell pepper and sesame seeds.
- 3For the vinaigrette, combine the sesame oil, one tablespoon of the raspberry vinegar, and herbs.
- 4Whisk or stir, and taste.
- 5Sesame oils vary in quality and flavorwe prefer dark oils with a nutty, toasted flavor.
- 6Raspberry vinegars also vary in acetic qualitysome taste slightly sweet, while others are more acidic but have stronger raspberry flavor.
- 7Adjust all quantities to your preference, and serve in a small vinaigrette carafe.
- 8A tiny drizzle on your salad will deliver a cargo of flavor.
- 9Wine suggestion: The tropical flavors of a chilled viognier or roussanne would complement spicy dishes like Prawns in Ginger-Peanut Sauce, and would be excellent served with this fruity, yet spicy, salad.
Browse Our Top Lettuces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lettuces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seattle Salad With Raspberry-sesame Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (63 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 81.0
- Calories from Fat 61
- Total Fat 6.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 3.9 g
- Protein 0.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: