Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This salad is a Northwest-style combination of fresh greens and Pacific Rim flavors. From "Fresh from Dover Canyon"
- 2 cups mixed greens
- 1⁄4 cup baby arugula
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, cut into 1/2 inchspears
- 1⁄4 red bell pepper, seeds removed,finely diced
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame seeds (optional)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (optional)
- 1 -2 tablespoon raspberry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic sprouts
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- salt and pepper
- Combine the salad greens and arugula in a colorful bowl or directly on serving plates.
- Sprinkle the pineapple chunks over the greens and top with sprinklings of red bell pepper and sesame seeds.
- For the vinaigrette, combine the sesame oil, one tablespoon of the raspberry vinegar, and herbs.
- Whisk or stir, and taste.
- Sesame oils vary in quality and flavorwe prefer dark oils with a nutty, toasted flavor.
- Raspberry vinegars also vary in acetic qualitysome taste slightly sweet, while others are more acidic but have stronger raspberry flavor.
- Adjust all quantities to your preference, and serve in a small vinaigrette carafe.
- A tiny drizzle on your salad will deliver a cargo of flavor.
- Wine suggestion: The tropical flavors of a chilled viognier or roussanne would complement spicy dishes like Prawns in Ginger-Peanut Sauce, and would be excellent served with this fruity, yet spicy, salad.