Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
After having a wonderful dinner of mussels in a Seattle restaurant, I came home and tried to replicate the lovely dish. After several attempts at replication, I came up with one as close as I could. It is very nice and flavorful. Be sure to serve with a crusty bread to mop up the lovely broth.
- In are large dutch oven, heat oil.
- Add 4 tbsp butter and melt.
- Add red pepper flakes, shallots and garlic. Sauté until tender and starting to become golden.
- Add lemon juice, wine, cream and parsley. Stir well to combine.
- Add mussels and stir again.
- Cover dutch oven, and simmer for 8 minutes.
- Uncover dutch oven and remove mussels to bowls and keep warm.
- Turn heat to high, and simmer down liquid in dutch oven until reduced by half.
- Stir in remaining butter.
- When butter is well combined, pour broth over mussels.
- Serve immediately.