Prep 20 mins
Cook 6 hrs
Just throw this all together, go to work, come home and dinner is served. We serve this soup with "Rogene's French Bread With Chilies"
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 340.19 g sausage (I use low fat)
- 411.06 g chicken broth
- 411.06 g can stewed tomatoes with onion and green pepper, and celery
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes
- 396.89 g V8 vegetable juice
- 4.92 ml basil
- 2.46 ml celery seed
- 4.92 ml parsley
- 4.92 ml oregano
- 14.78 ml crushed garlic
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2.46 ml season salt
- 2.46 ml garlic salt
- salt and pepper
- Brown turkey burger and sausage together. Drain.
- Dump all ingredients into the crock pot, stir and walk away.
- Either cook on low for 8-10 hours or high for 4-6.
- Garnish with fresh onion, fresh diced tomato and cheese.
This is a knock-your-socks off recipe!! Wonderful flavour - we loved it! I followed the recipe exactly, using turkey sausage. I served with garlic toast. Then... the next day, I reduced the soup a little bit to make it even thicker & served over angel hair pasta - I think that was even better than the soup - YUMMY!!
Really delicious soup. I did not have any celery seeds so I chopped up a celery rib, used hot turkey Italian sausage, and added: about 3/4 can of red kidney beans, a pkg. of frozen spinach, a diced zucchini, yellow squash and a handful of macaroni (in the last hour). YUMMMMMM! This soup is definitely a keeper! Thanks so much for sharing!
This was really good and sooooooo easy. I'll definitely make this one again and maybe even add some other vegetables next time - always trying to find ways to sneak more veggies in our diet. Thanks Hill Family for a great recipe!