Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
We eat these several times a month and serve with all sorts of toppings; powdered sugar and lemon, fruit, different compotes and even just jam.
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup skim milk
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄8 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Whip eggs in blender, you want them to be frothy.
- Add milk, nutmeg, cinnamon, sugar, salt, oil, vanilla and flour. Mix just until beaten.
- Place butter in 8x8 inch baking dish or skillet.
- Place in a 400 degree oven until butter just melts. Swish butter around so that it coats the bottom and sides of pan.
- Pour batter in hot pan and bake for 15 min at 400 degrees.
- Turn down oven to 350 degrees and bake for another 6-8 minutes.
Made this for breakfast this morning and my family devoured it! I doubled and baked in two pie stones. Thank you :)
Excellent! These are fantastic and better yet they are easy to make. No more standing at the stove and flipping pancakes. I used syrup, my husband used honey and serve sausage patties with them.
What a lovely breakfast for a lazy Sunday morning. I can see all kinds of possibilities with this recipe.
Thanks, Carole in Orlando
Great recipe and good lighter breakfast for 2. Nutmeg, cinnamon, and vanilla set this apart from others. Cooking direction and ingredient amounts are good for a cast iron skillet. We server ours with fresh lemons to squeeze and powdered sugar.