Recipe by Hill Family
This recipe pits daughter against Mother. Sarah has a jam bar recipe as well ... and the winner is?
Top Review by cookee monster
These are super good. I thought that these tasted like the thumbprint cookies that I make for Christmas. But these are much easier. I used one cup of freezer jam and that just enough. I will be making these again. I'm thinking of making them for Valentine's day and using a heart cookie cutter to cut them with after they are completely cool.
- 3⁄4 cup butter or 3⁄4 cup margarine, softened
- 2⁄3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 egg
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 3⁄4-1 cup jam or 3⁄4-1 cup jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease 13x9 inch pan.
- Mix butter or margarine, sugar, vanilla, egg in medium bowl with hand mixer. Don’t over mix.
- Stir in flour and baking powder until dough forms.
- Pat evenly into pan.
- Spread jam or jelly on top of dough.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Top with powder sugar glaze.