Prep 15 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This cake is heavenly. The sauce this produces is a cross between pudding and fudge sauce. **Please adjust time for your crockpot
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
- Spray the inside of a 2 – 3 1/2 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, 2 TBSP cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and ¼ cup cocoa in a small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth. Pour evenly over the batter in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 2 -2 ½ hours or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker and let stand uncovered 30-40 minutes to cool slightly and to let the sauce thicken before serving.
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes with sauce on top. Serve with vanilla ice cream.
This cake did not taste as well as I'd expected it to. The cake itself had a strong flour taste to it and I followed the recipe exactly. I will not make again.
Yes, this is a great dessert. I'm always looking for new ways to use the crockpot and this is really unique. My daughter and son-in-law added some whipped cream and both loved it even more. Thanks for the recipe.