Recipe by Hill Family
This cake is heavenly. The sauce this produces is a cross between pudding and fudge sauce. **Please adjust time for your crockpot
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 3⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup baking cocoa
- 1 1⁄2 cups hot water
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray the inside of a 2 – 3 1/2 quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Mix flour, sugar, 2 TBSP cocoa, baking powder and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in milk, oil and vanilla until smooth. Stir in nuts. Spread batter evenly in slow cooker.
- Mix brown sugar and ¼ cup cocoa in a small bowl. Stir in hot water until smooth. Pour evenly over the batter in the slow cooker.
- Cover and cook on high heat setting for 2 -2 ½ hours or until tooth pick inserted comes out clean.
- Turn off slow cooker and let stand uncovered 30-40 minutes to cool slightly and to let the sauce thicken before serving.
- Spoon warm cake into dessert dishes with sauce on top. Serve with vanilla ice cream.