Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 hrs
This is a creamy filling soup that is great on cold days. Super easy and made with ingredients you probably have on hand.
- 2 -4 cups cooked chicken (precooked, shredded or chopped)
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can Healthy Request cream of chicken soup
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 cup rice (I use brown)
- Pour two soup cans into crock pot, fill the soup cans each with water and pour into the crock pot. Mix together well.
- Add spices, onion, chicken and chilis, mix again.
- ** During the last hour of cooking add the rice.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours or high for 3-4 hours.
- You can also let this thicken up and serve in tortillas.
This was easy comfort food on a chilly night. The chili peppers gave a subtle flavor, but even my 4 year-old ate this without complaint. I added mushrooms, and I used leftover cooked rice, so I just stirred it in about twenty minutes before serving to heat it through. I also used two cans of mushroom soup, as I'm out of chicken. Thanks for sharing!
This was a good and easy recipe. It's kind of hard to rate for sure simply because it was VERY peppery! I did season the chicken before I cooked it, so maybe that's why, but I think I followed the recipe closely. I used minute rice and gave it only 30 minutes to cook - it was definitely done and maybe overdone by some standards. Intersting and easy recipe, I think I'd make again just easing off the pepper a bit.
This soup was good and very easy. I made two (minor) changes though. I didn't have any precooked chicken, so I added uncooked chicken breasts in the beginning, then shredded them when I added the rice. I also added about a cup of sliced carrots in the beginning. I really liked the flavor of the green chilies. Definately a keeper for busy days. Served with crusty garlic bread. ***Addition: The leftovers were even better the next day!!