1/3 Photos of Season's Crock Pot Chicago Italian Beef Sandwiches
6 hrs 30 mins
Hill Family's Note:
This can be served as a main dish but is great on Italian bread or toasted hoagies. Oh, and here's a tip -- make sure you DON'T drain the meat before placing it on the rolls -- the liquid has an AWESOME taste, so make sure you get plenty of it on your sandwich for the best flavor. In Chicago they say "the wetter, the better" when it comes to Italian Beef Sandwiches!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 2 -3 cups water or 2 -3 cups broth
- 1 teaspoon parsley
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 (2/3 ounce) package dried Italian salad dressing mix
- 5 lbs rump roast or 5 lbs chuck roast
- 3 beef bouillon cubes (optional)
- 1 green pepper, sliced (optional)
- 1In a medium saucepan over medium heat. Combine the salt, pepper, oregano, basil, onion salt, water, parsley, garlic powder, water, bay leaf and salad dressing mix. Stir well and bring just to a boil.
- 2Place roast in a slow cooker and pour mixture over the roast. cover and cook on low setting for 10-12 hrs on low or high for 4-5 hours.
- 3The best thing to do is to have it cook in the slow cooker until it is cooked through, remove the bay leaf, then shredd it and return it to the juice for about an hour.
- 4Optional - Last 45 minutes add boullion cubes and green pepper. If you use broth instead of water don't add the bouillon cubes.
- 5Serve on Italian bread.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Season's Crock Pot Chicago Italian Beef Sandwiches
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 451.6
- Calories from Fat 248
- Total Fat 27.5 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 170.1 mg
- Sodium 354.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 47.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried Italian salad dressing mix