This recipe is to be used in place of Italian sausages without the casings, the amount of spice blend is good for 2 pounds of ground pork, I most always add in an a small onion and 2 tablespoons fresh garlic to the pork mixture in place of the dried, you might want to adjust the seasonings to suit taste, and for spicy add in 1-2 teaspoons crushed chili flakes or to taste --- if desired you may cover and refrigerate the uncooked pork mixture overnight to blend the flavors even more!
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (you can use 2 tablespoons fresh garlic in place of the powder)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes (can use more if desired)
- 3⁄4 teaspoon crushed anise seed (can use crushed dried fennel seeds)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon minced dried onion
- 2 teaspoons salt
- Add this mix to 2 pounds ground pork and brown meat in a skillet for about 10-12 minutes or until the pork is well browned.
- Use in recipes that require Italian sausages removed from casings.