I just came up with this. My DH & I had a wonderful oil based dipping sauce for bread at an Italian restaurant. I was shocked when DH tried it and like it. I was just thinking about that day and thought I can replicate that dipping sauce. This is what I came up with. I also tossed with bread and baked for croutons and breadcrumbs.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- If making for a dip you are done. Serve with a pasta dish and warm breadsticks.
- If making croutons heat oven to 350°F.
- Cut up bread into bite size pieces. Place bread and oil mixture in a sealable bag toss to coat.
- Arrange on baking sheet and bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cool and store in an airtight container.
- If making bread crumbs complete steps for croutons and then place croutons in food processor and blend.
- If you feel the crumbs are too wet place on baking sheet and bake for another 5 minutes watching very closely. These will burn in the blink of an eye.
- Store in airtight container.
- I usually freeze in a storage bag until ready to use.