Recipe by pattikay in L.A.
From Taste of the Caribbean. Posted for ZWT III. My guess is that beef or even chicken would work in this as well.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless lamb, cubed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 fresh hot chili pepper, chopped
- 2 1⁄2 cups lamb stock or 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 4 ounces fresh spinach, finely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Put lamb cubes in a dish; sprinkle over the ginger and thyme, season and mix well to coat.
- Cover and marinate for at least 2 hours or overnight in the refrigerator.
- heat olive oil in pan, add onion and garlic and fry gently for 5 minutes or till onion is soft.
- add the lamb and tomato paste and chili. Fry over medium heat for 5 minutes, stirring frequently, then add the lamb stock or water.
- Cover and simmer for about 30 minutes, till lamb is tender.
- stir in spinach and simmer about 8 minutes. Serve hot.