Recipe by Chef shapeweaver �
I had a turkey patty leftover from Veal or Turkey Burgers W/Onion Gravy (Low Fat!) By CulinaryQueen and along with a few other " odds & ends " decided to create a simple soup. I think this a very good way to use leftovers.Feel free to adjust the seasonings according to your own tastes.I wanted to put in " Seasoned Turkey Patty " as one of the ingredients but wasn't able to.Posted to Food.com (a.k.a. " ZAAR " ) on January 17th., 2013
- 1 1⁄2 cups chicken broth, or
- 1 1⁄2 cups water with a disolved chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 ounces cooked and seasoned ground turkey
- 3⁄4 cup mixed vegetables (I used a mixture of corn,carrots,& green beans )
- 3⁄4 cup cooked rice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon poultry seasoning (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder (to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper (to taste)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium saucepan, add chicken broth and diced seasoned turkey patty; heat until warmed through over medium heat.
- Add rest of ingredients, and simmer for 10 minutes or until heated through.
- At this, time adjust seasoning if needed. ( For extra flavor add a few tablespoons of Turkey gravy to the soup.).