Recipe by Junebug
These are quick to make and are good to snack on, add to salads or to top a soup. The original recipe is from epicurious. You can use less oil than is shown and still have great results. Yield shown in recipe is a guesstimate.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper or 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 12 6-inch corn tortillas
- Tabasco sauce, to taste (if you like them spicy!)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir oil and all spices together.
- Brush one side of all the tortillas with oil/spice mixture.
- Make 3 stacks of 4 tortillas and cut the tortillas into 1/4-1/2" strips.
- Put strips in a single layer on a couple of cookie sheets sprayed with Pam.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- (If pans are on different oven racks switch their positions about halfway through baking.).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Cool completely in pans.