These are quick to make and are good to snack on, add to salads or to top a soup. The original recipe is from epicurious. You can use less oil than is shown and still have great results. Yield shown in recipe is a guesstimate.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Stir oil and all spices together.
- Brush one side of all the tortillas with oil/spice mixture.
- Make 3 stacks of 4 tortillas and cut the tortillas into 1/4-1/2" strips.
- Put strips in a single layer on a couple of cookie sheets sprayed with Pam.
- Bake until golden and crisp, about 10-15 minutes.
- (If pans are on different oven racks switch their positions about halfway through baking.).
- Remove from oven and sprinkle with salt.
- Cool completely in pans.
We love these. I could just sit and eat them like chips but I try to save them for the tortilla soup!
I eyeballed the ingredient measurements, but followed the general recipe and cooking time. I used these on my homemade "Chik'n" Tortilla soup and they were delicious. Very crispy. I'll be making these again.
Delicious! I cut the recipe down to 1/4 and used 2 big flour burrito sized tortillas. Cut into super thin strips and served over a southwestern grilled chicken salad. YUM! I'll be snacking on these tomorrow! Thanks!