Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
This recipe is from the Fall 2004 issue of the Kraft 'food&family' magazine. It makes for a great tasting pork main dish! The original recipe calls for Kraft Sweet Recipes Brown Sugar Barbecue Sauce.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Brown the pork roast and onions in hot oil in a large ovenproof pot on medium-high heat for 3 minutes, turning occasionally.
- Combine the barbecue sauce, apple juice and thyme.
- Pour sauce mixture over the pork and onions.
- Cover with an ovenproof lid; simmer another 10 minutes before placing the pot in the oven.
- Bake for 2 hours.
- Add apples and prunes; bake an additional 30 minutes or until the pork is cooked through and the apples are tender.
This was so good. I never thought of combining barbecue sauce with thyme. I used my home made BBQ sauce. I cooked it in the dutch oven and it turned out perfect. It's a keeper.
Very good stuff. I'm not sure what the prunes did for it, but it went well all together. It was nice and sweet, but not a candy like sweetness. I added some black pepper to suit my own tastes. I used granny smith apples because I like a crisper apple. Made and reviewed for Every Day Holiday Tag - Thanks! :)