Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a "from scratch" recipe. It is so full of flavor & leaves that "this is what stuffing should taste like"!
- 1 loaf bread, cubed & toasted
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1⁄8 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon marjoram leaves
- 1⁄8 teaspoon oregano
- 1⁄8 teaspoon rosemary
- 1⁄8 teaspoon sage
- 1⁄8 teaspoon savory
- 1 tablespoon parmesan cheese
- Cube bread & leave on cookie sheet over night to dry.
- Place in a 325 degree oven until just browned or nice & golden, stir them.
- around once or twice.
- Place in paper bag & add all the seasonings.
- Rotate bag to coat croutons.
- When cool, store in an airtight container, or use now.
- To use now:.
- Saute a medium chopped onion & 3 or 4 stalks diced celery.
- Add the onion & celery; chopped, cooked giblets if you have them; 2 whisked eggs; 1/4 C melted butter; 1 & 1/2 C chicken or turkey broth to the stuffing mix in a large bowl.
- The "use now" ingredients are not included in the nutritional information.