1/3 Photos of Seasoned Stuffed Bell Peppers
1 hr 30 mins
Luby Luby Luby's Note:
I like all well seasoned food so I guess that is what attracted me to this recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 medium bell peppers (Green Variety)
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 3/4 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1 (1 lb) can whole canned tomatoes, drained
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1Cut off and discard the top fourth of the bell peppers.
- 2Remove the seeds and membrane.
- 3Place peppers upright in 1/3 to 1/2 inch salted water in heavy pot.
- 4Bring water to a boil and cover tightly, then lower flame and cook for exactly 5 minutes.
- 5Remove peppers, drain thoroughly and set aside while preparing the stuffing.
- 6In large heavy pot heat oil and saute the ground beef and onions until brown.
- 7Add garlic, thyme, salt, black pepper, basil and red pepper.
- 8Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- 9Add drained tomatoes and cook 2-3 minutes breaking up tomatoes.
- 10Add cooked rice and worcestershire, mixing well.
- 11Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
- 12Remove from heat and add cheeses.
- 13Stuff peppers and bake at 350 degrees, uncovered, for 20-30 minutes or until lightly brown.
Browse Our Top Meat Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Meat Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seasoned Stuffed Bell Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (651 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 666.0
- Calories from Fat 327
- Total Fat 36.3 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 114.1 mg
- Sodium 1050.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.0 g
- Sugars 11.4 g
- Protein 36.9 g