Prep 0 mins
Cook 12 mins
This Asian-inspired seasoned spinach recipe is easy to make, and great as a stand-alone side or as part of another dish. This recipe goes well with Bibimbop (Rice and Vegetable Medley)
- 2 (10 ounce) packages fresh spinach, divided
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 teaspoons low sodium soy sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 garlic cloves
- Steam half of spinach, covered, for 5 minutes or until the spinach wilts; place steamed spinach in a colander. Repeat proceduce with remaining spinach. Cool slightly, and squeeze dry.
- Place spinach in a bowl. Add onions and remaining ingredients; toss mixture well to combine. Serve chilled or at room temperature.
Great flavor and a nice light dish. I will decrease the amount of sesame oil next time (it is not my favorite) and will serve hot. I really like the addition of the fresh/raw green onions, gives the spinach a nice crunch. Made for Spring PAC 2014.