Prep 5 mins
Cook 4 hrs
This recipe is so simple that it is almost embarrassing. But the end result is a very tender and flavorful meat. The spices enhance the flavor of the pork without making it spicy at all. Can be used in tacos, burritos, on a sandwich bun, or with its sauce can be served over rice.
- 907.18-1360.77 g pork butt or 907.18-1360.77 g pork loin or 907.18-1360.77 g boneless country-style ribs
- 118.29 ml water
- 35 g package taco seasoning mix
- Place meat in a slow cooker and add water.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours OR low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred meat with two forks and return to pot for 5 minutes more.
- Serve as suggested above.
This takes the word "easy" to new heights. Beyond simple and very tasty filling for tacos. For lunches, we'll be making sandwiches, but I can see this also going great over nachos, or with rice and beans. I used 1/2 c of beef broth instead of water, and I added a dash of vinegar- I liked the other reviewers idea of vinegar. Additionally, I bought the new lower sodium Old El Paso seasoning pack. I used a 2.2lb pork roast and you could've blown on the meat and it would've fallen apart. So tender and juicy. I cooked on low for 7.5 hrs. Thanks for sharing!
Very easy to make. We saved the leftovers and froze them. Used it for soft tacos and sandwiches!
Fabulous recipe! It truly couldn't be easier OR tastier! Highly recommended...even if you just eat the meat on its own. Great as leftovers the next day, too.