This recipe is so simple that it is almost embarrassing. But the end result is a very tender and flavorful meat. The spices enhance the flavor of the pork without making it spicy at all. Can be used in tacos, burritos, on a sandwich bun, or with its sauce can be served over rice.
- 2 -3 lbs pork butt or 2 -3 lbs pork loin or 2 -3 lbs boneless country-style ribs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (35 g) package taco seasoning mix
- Place meat in a slow cooker and add water.
- Sprinkle taco seasoning mix over meat.
- Cover and cook on high for 4-5 hours OR low for 6-8 hours.
- Shred meat with two forks and return to pot for 5 minutes more.
- Serve as suggested above.