Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
As a kid, I really disliked asparagus! They were always cooked to a "perfect mush!" This recipe makes me crave the veggie I disliked most as a child! Crisp aspargus, easy recipe. The juice has an "Italian-like" flavor. From the Tastefully Simple recipe file, I suggest using their seasoned salt to make this perfect!
- 680.38 g fresh asparagus, hard ends trimmed
- 14.79-29.58 ml olive oil
- 14.79-29.58 ml lemon juice
- 4.92-9.85 ml seasoning salt
- 29.58-44.37 ml grated parmesan cheese
- Place asparagus in a single layer on a baking sheet or broiler pan (suggested).
- Drizzle with oil and lemon juice; sprinkle with seasoned salt - coat evenly.
- Bake at 450 F for a total of 10 minutes or until crisp-tender. For a more even tenderness, turn each aspargus stalk after 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese immediately before serving.
Stellar way to serve asparagus. The oil and high heat make it nice and crispy and give it much more flavor than any other method of preparing asparagus - definitely recommended!
Perfect way to prepare fresh asparagus! I especially liked the addition of the lemon juice. I used salt, pepper, celery salt, garlic salt and thyme for the seasoned salt. Loved this - thanks for sharing the recipe!