Recipe by KittyKitty
Simple rice side dish.
Top Review by jonesies
Very nice recipe. I used brown rice and a 3 to 1 ratio of beef broth and water. Ate one batch plain and used the other to make fried rice with 1 tbsp olive oil, baby corn, onion and snap peas. Loved by all. Thanks for saving me from Chinese takeout rice!
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder