Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Simple rice side dish.
- 1 1⁄2 cups uncooked long-grain rice
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can beef consomme, undiluted
- 2 tablespoons chopped green peppers
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a Dutch oven; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed.
Very nice recipe. I used brown rice and a 3 to 1 ratio of beef broth and water. Ate one batch plain and used the other to make fried rice with 1 tbsp olive oil, baby corn, onion and snap peas. Loved by all. Thanks for saving me from Chinese takeout rice!
Pretty good. I too used brown rice and cooked for about 40 minutes. Because I used brown rice I added an additional 1/2 cup each of water and beef bouillon. Will definitely make again. I plan on using the leftovers as a basis for Chinese Fried Rice.
This was good and easy to make. I followed the recipe other then I didn't add the butter. My kids really liked it. This made a nice side dish.