Prep 20 mins
Cook 4 mins
- 2 lbs red potatoes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons thyme
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Wash and quarter potatoes. Microwave on high 4 to 6 minutes.
- Drizzle with olive oil. Toss with butter.
- Bake in oven 20 minutes.
- Toss potatoes with thyme.
- Season with salt and pepper, and serve.
This desperately needs some chopped garlic. We thought it was fairly bland as written. I think it would also benefit from some basil. The recipe doesn't specify whether to use fresh or dried thyme. We had some fresh thyme on hand, so we used all of that and also some dried thyme.
Delicious, and I loved the fact that they were so quick and easy, with the pre-cooking in the microwave, and the roasting/crisping in the oven. It did take mine about 30 minutes in the oven, but I probably had bigger pototoes.