Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from the book Traditional Korean Cooking by Chung Hea Han. Also included in Zaar World Tours 2005 swap, asian tour.
- 2 large potatoes, french fry cut
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon garlic, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 2 large scallions, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- In a large pot place cut potatoes. Add water to cover, put lid on pot and bring to a boil. Simmer for 10 minutes or until fork tender.
- In medium mixing bowl, add remaining ingredients.
- When potatoes are done, drain liquid and add potatoes to seasoning mix. Mix well to coat and serve immediately.
I liked this recipe even though it was one of the oddest food combinations that I have eaten. I added a little salt and pepper at the end.
I was intrigued to try a Korean potato recipe, loved that this recipe was so low in fat, delighted that it was so quick and easy to prepare - and when I made it that it not only lived up to my expectations from reading through the ingredients but surpassed them! :) Certainly a recipe I'll make again: a great blend of flavours. If you're planning on making these, don't substitute the sesame oil for another oil. Thanks so much for sharing this super recipe, Lauralie41. Made for PRMR.
These were pretty good. I liked the flavor, but I think I would like it better if the potatoes had been baked or fried, making them a little firmer. Made for Zaar Chef Alphabet Soup Game.