Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
I found this in a quick cooking magazine that my mom gave me.... It sounded pretty good.... I haven't tried it yet, but will update here as soon as I do....
- 4 medium red potatoes, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 59.14 ml butter, cubed
- 2.46 ml seasoning salt
- 1.23 ml garlic powder
- 1.23 ml pepper
- 1 small sweet red pepper, chopped
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper, chopped (optional)
- 59.14 ml chicken broth
- 59.14 ml beer (additional) or 59.14 ml chicken broth (additional)
- 14.79 ml brown sugar (optional)
- In a large skillet, cook and stir the potatoes in butter over medium-high heat until lightly browned.
- Sprinkle with seasoned salt, garlic powder and pepper.
- Add red pepper, onion and green pepper if desired. Cook and stir for 5 minutes.
- Combine the broth, beer or additional broth and brown sugar if desired; pour over vegetables.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-5 minutes or until tender.
I've made this dish twice and loved both times! I did substitute red pepper for the green. I am a huge potato fan so I am always looking for new ways to serve them! Thanks!
This was delicious! I loved the light sweetness that the brown sugar gives. I used Adobo, Garlic Salt and pepper for seasoning and decided against the green peppers. Turned out great. Very easy to make.
I cheated and used frozen Hash browns. Didn't have Green peppers but had red, yellow & orange - They looked so colorful. Because I used hashbrowns they didn't require a lot of cooking so I only added a little under 1/4 cup beer no chicken stock. They were wonderful- Looked attractive and tasted great Thanks gertc96 for a quick attracive different way to serve potatoes