1/1 Photo of Seasoned Pork Roast With Mushroom Sauce
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Recently, my area experienced a blizzard that knocked out power for almost a full day. While I had my gas stove for cooking, I didn't have access to the internet to search for recipes. I had to resort to sifting through my cookbooks. I found this gem in a Junior League cookbook, and after modifying it slightly to suit ingredients I had on hand, Hubby proclaimed it worthy of repeating.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 teaspoons fresh rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon black peppercorns, crushed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried sage
- 3/4 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander seed
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 (4 lb) boneless pork loin roast, rolled and tied
- 1Preheat oven to 425°F
- 2Mix all the spices together in a small bowl.
- 3Coat the roast with the spices, patting to keep on meat.
- 4Insert a meat thermometer in the roast and place the roast on a rack in a shallow baking pan.
- 5Roast for 15 minutes.
- 6Reduce the temperature to 325F and continue to roast until the center temperature registers 150F; about 1 1/2 hours.
- 7Allow the meat to rest for 10 minutes before carving.
- 8Serve with mushroom sauce.
- 9Mushroom sauce: Heat the oil in a medium skillet. Saute the garlic and shallot for 1 minute.
- 10Add the mushrooms and saute over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes or until they start to brown.
- 11Add the wine and 1/2 cup of chicken stock and simmer until most of the liquid evaporates.
- 12Add the chicken stock and soy sauce.
- 13Bring to a boil.
- 14Stir in the cornstarch mixture and simmer for 2 to 3 minutes.
- 15Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seasoned Pork Roast With Mushroom Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (474 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 611.3
- Calories from Fat 276
- Total Fat 30.7 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 195.3 mg
- Sodium 788.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.1 g
- Sugars 2.6 g
- Protein 69.0 g