Recipe by Sydney Mike
This recipe comes from the 2010 cookbook, Taste of Home Prize Winning Recipes.
Top Review by breezermom
The vote around the table was that I should have put some melted butter over the chicken before baking, or sprayed with cooking spray. It was a little dry. The coating was very nice. We ended up serving it with a honey mustard sauce that we whipped up on the spot. I think this will be nice tomorrow sliced up and served on top of a salad with a nice dressing. Thanks for sharing! Made for Potluck tag.
- 3 egg whites
- 1⁄4 cup chicken coating mix (or seasoned bread crumbs)
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Chinese five spice powder
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves, small
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F, then grease s 15"x10" baking pan.
- In a shallow bowl, lightly beat egg whites.
- In another bowl, combine coating mix, pecans & five-spice powder. then dip each breast into egg whites before rolling it in coating mixture.
- Place in the prepared baking pan & bake, uncovered, for 25 minutes or until meat thermometer reads 170 degrees F.