1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 10 mins
This is called Causa A La Limena in Peru. Posted for ZWT7-Central and South America. Found on alleasyrecipes.com.
My Private Note
large p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 3 lbs baking potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped seeded hot chili pepper
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1 lb sweet potato, peeled, cut in half lengthwise and then crosswise into 1/4-inch slices
- 1 lb fresh yucca root, peeled, sliced crosswise and cut into small wedges
- 4 ears fresh corn, shucked and cut into 4 rounds each
- 8 jumbo shrimp, raw in their shells
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, cut lengthwise into halves
- 16 pitted black olives
- 1/2 lb queso blanco, sliced 1/2-inch thick and cut into triangles about 2-inch long and 1-inch wide (mozzarella or munster can be subbed)
- 1Preheat the oven to 250*. Drop the potatoes into a large pot of lightly salted boiling water (enough to cover them) and boil them briskly until they are tender.
- 2Meanwhile, make the sauce by combining the onions, lemon juice, fresh chili, salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper and oil, and beat them together with a whisk or a fork. Drain the potatoes and mash to a smooth puree with a fork, potato masher or electric mixer.
- 3Beat in the sauce, a Tblsp. at a time, and taste for seasoning. Mound the potatoes in the center of a large heatproof platter and cover loosely with foil. Keep the potatoes warm in the preheated oven.
- 4Into each of two 3 to 4 quart saucepans pour about 2 qts. of water. Bring to a boil and drop in the sweet potatoes and yucca. Boil briskly, uncovered, for 20 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- 5Then remove them from their pans with a slotted spoon and arrange them around the mashed potatoes. Cover the platter again and return it to the oven.
- 6In a heavy 3 quart saucepan, bring 4 cups of water to a boil over high heat. Drop in the shrimp and cook them, uncovered, for 5 to 8 minutes, or until they are firm and pink.
- 7Drain them and peel off the shells. Devein if desired.
- 8While shrimp cook, bring 2 qts. of water to a boil over high heat in a 4 quart saucepan. Drop in the corn and boil, uncovered, for 5 to 10 minutes, until the corn is tender. Drain in a colander.
- 9Remove the platter from the oven and place the corn on it. Alternate the shrimp and cheese triangles in a circular deisign on top of the potatoes. Add the olives and eggs to the arrangement, and serve at once.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Seasoned Mashed Potatoes Garnished With Shrimp & Vegetables
Serving Size: 1 (447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 642.2
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 128.5 mg
- Sodium 1180.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 79.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.5 g
- Sugars 7.4 g
- Protein 13.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: