Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
I like these mashed potatoes because they are simply seasoned and creamy and go well with lots of meals. These can be made ahead and kept warm, covered, in the baking pan in the oven. Recipe is from Taste of Home.
- 3 lbs potatoes, peeled and quartered (about 9 medium potatoes)
- 2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion salt
- Place potatoes in large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender; drain.
- In large mixing bowl, mash the potatoes.
- Add the remaining ingredients; mash until fluffy.
These were rich and delicious, even though I made a few changes: I reduced the cream cheese by half. :) I cooked my potatoes in my pressure cooker instead of following the directions listed. And I used garlic salt instead of onion salt b/c that's what I have on hand. Thanks for sharing this recipe!
These are great. Even though I had to change it a little bit. Instead of onion salt, I used onion powder with no-salt seasoning. I used whole milk and unsalted butter. Great flavors. Thanks Lainey. Made for Gimme 5 tag game
These mashed potatoes were very creamy and very good - and SUPER filling (I could only eat a couple small spoonfuls because they were so rich). Next time I would cut back on the cream cheese a little bit because I found them just slightly too rich for my tastes. They went wonderfully with meatloaf! I followed the recipe exactly (using fat free cream cheese) and I sprinkled a handful of cheddar over the top after I had mashed them (less than 1/4 cup - just what was left over from a different recipe). Thanks for sharing this great mashed potatoes recipe! Made for PRMR Tag Game,.