Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
OAMC Once A Month Cooking recipe.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 teaspoons dried Italian seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- In Dutch oven or 12 inch skillet, cook ground beef, onions and garlic over medium-high heat until beef is thoroughly cooked, stirring frequently. Drain.
- Reduce heat to medium. Stir in Italian seasoning, salt, fennel and pepper. Cook 5 minutes or until flavors are blended, stirring frequently. Cool 5 minutes.
- Spoon beef onto wax-lined 15x10x1 inch baking pan, breaking apart as necessary. Freeze about 1 hour or until firm, stirring once.
- Divide mixture into resealable quart-sized freezer plastic bags with about 2 cups in each. Seal bags; label. Freeze up to 2 months.
A great alternative to sausage on our pizza tonight. I used 1/2# of ground beef and adjusted the seasonings as suggested. Thank you for posting LTF!