Prep 25 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is adapted from a submission by Sharon Roth in the Fairplay Wilderness Camp School cookbook in Westminster, SC. My son Anthony attended the camp from 2000-2002. These are great taken on camping and fishing trips as they keep well once cooled.
- 453.59 g hard pretzel (one pound box large type pretzels)
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 28.34 g package Hidden Valley® Original Ranch® Dressing
- 177.44 ml oil
- 118.29 ml yellow mustard, warmed (or 2bleu's Sweet Mustard Sauce for Pretzels and More! for an added treat)
- Preheat oven to 325°F Break pretzels into bite size peices.
- Mix the garlic powder and dry dressing mix. Add oil and stir. Pour mixture over pretzels.
- Toss gently to coat then let stand 10 minutes. Stir again and let stand again for another 10 minutes.
- Spread on cookie sheet in a single layer and bake for 7 minutes.
- Turn pretzels and bake another 7 minutes. Serve with warm mustard.
These were DELICIOUS with your mustard dipping sauce!!! Perfect for watching football. Everyone loved the flavors. I didn't deviate at all from the recipe. This will be a definite repeat for parties.
addictive - I used homemade ranch seasonings (from recipezaar). I also used about 1/2 cup oil - and still think it was too much (and I had just over a pound of pretzels). Next time, I will use less oil, and combine it with some mustard for an extra kick. Also, was a bit salty, so next time I'll either use salt-free pretzels or salt-free ranch seasoning.
Great superbowl snack.