Prep 2 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is perfect for ground beef, but I think it would be great on chicken, pork, or steak, too.
- 2 tablespoons oregano
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1⁄2 cup water
- Shake or mix seasoning ingredients together.
- Brown ground beef in a skillet.
- Add 1/2 cup of water and seasoning mix.
- Let simmer until liquid is absorbed.
I used this recipe to make tacos and they were great! Made for Fall 2011 Pick A Chef.
I made this using the ground beef for our taco salad. It was delicious and tasted just as good as the seasoned packets except without all the salt. I followed it exactly and will be using this one alot! Made for Fall PAC 2011.