Recipe by Lisa Trinity Academy
Saute in a little water or roast them for a really yummy treat! Like Dream Dinners
Top Review by Megicce
I have made this recipe at least a half-dozen times and it has turned out fabulous every time. In fact, it is now my go-to potluck recipe for Thanksgiving and Christmas, and one that my relatives and in-laws always request! How much better is it that I can prep it weeks before the holiday and freeze it? I shake up all the ingredients together in the freezer bag to avoid dirtying a bowl, and then I always use the oven-roasting method to cook it when the time comes. Yum, yum, yum! Thank you for sharing!
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 green onion, chopped
- 1 sweet bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 (20 ounce) package frozen green beans
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- For OAMC (Once A Month Cooking preparation), combine everything in bowl, then place in freezer bag.
- Place optional cheese in a smaller bag and insert in freezer bag.
- Squeeze out as much air as possible before sealing.
- Freeze until needed.
- When ready to serve, heat skillet to medium-high and saute with 2 T water for about 8-10 min until beans are are brightly colored and tender.
- Transfer to platter, sprinkle with cheese if desired.
- Roast on baking sheet 475F until browned, about 10 minutes; add cheese if desired.