- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 3⁄4 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fresh green beans, trimmed or 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can green beans, drained
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients; set aside.
- In a large skillet, saute green beans and mushrooms in butter until almost tender.
- Add lemon juice mixture; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.