Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe works great for wings, chicken strips, chicken fried chicken or possibly chicken fried steak(I haven't tried the steak one yet). I'll be darned if I know where I got the recipe from but if and when I find out, I'll attribute it to the proper provider. I have made a few minor alterations to fit our taste and I believe it was for the better.
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard
- 4 tablespoons paprika
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon msg (optional) or 1 teaspoon Accent seasoning (optional)
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Using sparingly as this batch will do number of dishes.
- Dip chicken pieces in beaten eggs.
- Next, toss chicken pieces in bread crumbs (seasoned or unseasoned).
- Finally, toss chicken pieces in Seasoned Flour recipe.
- Pre-heat oven to 350 deg.
- Place chicken in a tray or cookie sheet lined with foil (shiny side down), spray with Pam or equivalent.
- Place chicken pieces on the tray after completing above the process. Spray chicken with Pam, turn, spray other side.
- Cover with foil and bake for 40 minutes for drums, chicken breasts (bone-in), thighs etc.
- For wings and chicken fried chicken, follow the above procedure but reduce cooking time to about 15 minutes.
- Remove foil cover and put chicken back in the oven for the same amount of time. (cut time back by 25% if using a convection oven).
- Chicken should be nicely browned, crispy and moist.
Excellent! Love the combination of spices. Not using the optionals made up two batches one as posted, one without the basil and oregano to vary the taste - both made for a wonderful seasoned flour. Found the proportions of the flour and paprika right on for us. While the method is different from the one I have been using for years I followed through on the directions - it made for for great oven chicken! Thank you - have added this one to my collection, will be mixing and keeping packages on hand ready to use when needing a seasoned flour.